Justin P. Byrne specializes in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; equity and debt financing; securities and stock exchange compliance; corporate governance; investor relations; and executive compensation matters.
Mr. Byrne graduated from the University of Texas Law School in 2000. He served on the staff of the Texas International Law Journal, where he published “NAFTA Dispute Resolution: Implementing True Rule-Based Diplomacy Through Direct Access.” Graduating in the top ten percent of his class, he was acknowledged as a member of the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Byrne earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Tulsa in 1997.
After formative training at Hughes & Luce, LLP (now K&L Gates LLP) in Dallas, where his practice focused on mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance and securities compliance, Mr. Byrne was Counsel for Kerr-McGee Corporation (NYSE: KMG) and Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE: DVN). He then served as Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary for SandRidge Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SD), where he worked for approximately nine years and oversaw $19 billion in acquisition, divestiture and corporate finance transactions.
Mr. Byrne and his wife, Rosa, live in Oklahoma City with their two sons.
He is fluent in Spanish.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2000)
- University of Tulsa (B.A., Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 1997)
- University of Buenos Aires (Argentine Literature and History, 1995)
- Adjunct professor of Business Law at Oklahoma City University
- OKCBusiness Forty Under 40 Honoree (2007)
- Member, Central Oklahoma Regional Transit Dialogue Steering Committee